Sunday, February 17, 2013

Well it happened...

And by it... I mean that absolute pure desire to not run an inch of the 6 miles prescribed this weekend. I protested all the way through Saturday when I was able to push the run off until Sunday (thanks Toni!). I protested all the way from pushing the run back from the 8:30 - 9 a.m. run time we agreed on previously to 10 a.m. I tried my hardest to tell Toni we should just walk... She went to the bathroom before we started on our journey and I told her if I was gone when she returned... well, to not think terribly of me.

And I thought about quitting during the first half mile...
the first mile...
the second mile...
the third mile...
And every mile after. But we did it, and kept up a pretty great pace at that.

I love running. I do - but I hate running long distances. Sure, the glory of saying "Hey I ran 6 miles today - what did you do?" is fun. Who doesn't love the sassiness that Staci mentioned earlier? But the tired feeling, the sore ankles and knees and the desire to never move again as your body recoups? That - that I do not love.

But I do it anyway. Why? Because I'm a sucker for a challenge and apparently a glutton for pain and punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment