Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Just keep woppin'

Who is the queen of justifiable excuses? Me.

My bed is warm.
I'm really tired.
I can run after work.
It's raining...
I feel a cold coming on.
I didn't go to bed early enough.
I have a long day at work, planned.

If there is an excuse to have when I wake up in the morning, it goes through my mind. MOST of the time - it doesn't work. I drudge out of bed at an unfortunate hour and I change into my workout clothes and hit the door. Some days, however? It does. It totally wins. Last Friday, I skipped AT because my bed was warm and I was TIRED of being cold. This morning? I just wanted to sleep. I will say; however, that it's VERY hard to skip a run or a workout when you know three other people are counting on you. There's also the harassment text messages that are sure to follow when you do skip *ahem Jess*. I am getting to the point where it's just harder (for me) to fathom running more than five-six miles, and the mental battle that goes on each morning while I am putting on my shoes is pretty brutal. I think back to every other person who asks me WHY I choose to get up before the birds and run. Do I enjoy torture? Apparently, but what doesn't challenge you doesn't change you. Yeah, yeah. That's my motivational spiel. Let's move onto better things... like the music that keeps us going.

As Toni mentioned, she added some new music to her arsenal for the Saturday run. I have an unhealthy obsession with iTunes. I can also grow tired of a song pretty quickly - so my running playlist changes pretty frequently (some songs staying and rotating others off after I realize that don't get me moving). Recently, a night at Staci's led to us going through her old mixed CDs. Not mix-tapes, but mix CDs. There is a difference, but we do at least remember mix-tapes. Ask your random 12-year old about what a mix-tape is and they will stare blankly at you - but I digress.

Where were we? The music. Some folks might laugh at my oddly mixed grouping of music, but I love it. No matter how old or new - if it picks up my pace - it's worth it. During our first 5-mile run, Staci asked me why I slowed down at one point... I slowed down because I thought I was going to die - but I told her because J. Dash told me to "Wop it slow." I mean...

The mix is quite a variety of uptempo and fast tempo songs. I need something that gets me up and going... and I also need it to be loud. I am most positive that I will be hearing impaired by an early age, but that's another story all together. See below for my latest playlist! Staci, Jess and Toni might have more to say about what gets them moving... challenge post, perhaps?

It's about 30 songs... Usually it's shorter, but I've lengthened it so that when I play through it on shuffle - I don't run to the same stuff every run.
  1. The Man Who Never Lied - Maroon 5
  2. One More Night - Maroon 5
  3. Wipe Your Eye - Maroon 5
  4. Whistle - Flo Rida
  5. Blow Me One Last Kiss - Pink
  6. Your Body - Christina Aguilera
  7. I'm Shipping Up to Boston - Dropkick Murphy's
  8. Die Young - Ke$ha
  9. Catch My Breath - Kelly Clarkson
  10. I Knew You Were Trouble - Taylor Swift
  11. Rest of My Life - Usher, David Guetta & Ludacris
  12. Belas Finals - Pitch Perfect Soundtrack
  13. Trebles Finals - Pitch Perfect Soundtrack
  14. Radioactive - Imagine Dragons
  15. On Top of the World - Imagine Dragons
  16. Suit & Tie - Justin Timberlake & JAY Z
  17. Wop - J. Dash
  18. Sure Be Cool If You Did - Blake Shelton
  19. It's Time - Imagine Dragons
  20. Addicted - Simple Plan
  21. Anything Could Happen - Ellie Goulding
  22. Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet
  23. Aw Naw - Nappy Roots
  24. Hollaback Girl - No Doubt
  25. I Feel So - Boxcar Racer
  26. I'm Just a Girl - No Doubt
  27. Jaded - Aerosmith
  28. Rompe - Daddy Yankee
  29. Say I Yi Yi - Ying Yang Twins
  30. Shoop - Salt-n-Peppa
  31. Slow Motion - Juvenile
  32. Spider Web - No Doubt
  33. That Thing - Lauryn Hill
  34. Thrift Shop - Mackelmore ft. Wanz
  35. Toxic - Britney Spears
  36. We are Young - Fun

Got any good songs? Let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment