Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Strides and Setbacks


So this past Saturday, as can be gathered from previous posts, was a sort of scattered long-run day for us ladies. Samantha and I didn’t have to battle treadmills/heat/Al Bundy (yikes!), just the whole getting-out-of-bed on a Saturday morning thing. So we didn’t. We went in the evening. And you know what? It was great! With a new arsenal of running music (Sorry Michael Buble, I appreciate your continuous encouragements of “you’ve got what it takes” but I can only run to mellow for so long…) and Sam to make me keep going, we did 5 miles – with our last mile at the fastest pace yet! That was my first time ever to run 5 miles, and around mile 4, I really did feel like I hit a kind of stride – it felt good!

My body has been actually (weirdly) craving that feeling again, not so much the rolling out of bed, but moving is kind of addicting. I don’t know (yet) if for me that always has to mean running. But running is working, and I like it and how I feel when it’s done.

And that leads into the “setbacks” part referred to in the title. So my boyfriend was sick all weekend, sick enough to stay home from work, and half the people in my department are sick. All with various levels of cold/sinus/bronchitis/flu-like stuff. So I don’t know where it came from exactly, but I can’t breathe, my ears are popping, my brain is doped up on decongestants and cough and headache stuff, blah blah blah. Nothing crazy, I’m not dying, but I’m really annoyed!!!! I’m still working, and I’ve been a beast in the kitchen the last few days (another story entirely. whew.), but I know my body would revolt if I pushed it any harder than I already am (and maybe shouldn’t be. Oh well.)

So I haven’t run since Saturday!!!! Ugh.

I was also planning to join the rest of the crew in the craziness known to as AT downtown this week. Awesome. L But I guess all I can really do for now is do what I have to do, take care of myself as best I know how, and get better so I can get back to it!

So I apologize if this is the most boring/whiny blog post yet (it is) – I blame it on the phenylephrine (and hey – it’s only my second blog post to ever really write anyway!) I miss my friends and am ready to run with everyone again…crossing my fingers for next time, or at least by Saturday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment