Monday, January 28, 2013

This is happening. Right now.

This marks the start of our chronicles towards a half-marathon. Even though this is the beginning of week three in the training of a sixteen week schedule, its better late than never.

Who are we? Well, we are four friends from four very different backgrounds brought together by our college experience, Jessica, Samantha, Staci and Toni. We were definitely not brought together because of running, but alas, we have begun a journey to train for a half. 13.1 here we come.

How it all began...

Samantha and I ran the Rock N Roll New Orleans in 2012. At the end of the race, Samantha made it quite clear that distance running was over in her book, no more. That was it. Not being her first half-marathon, she felt she had experienced enough of the 13.1 with no desire to continue on for more. As for me, on the other hand, I felt that I may have caught the bug and I wanted more...

Fast forward to the beginning of 2013, the subject of half-marathons came up randomly. Wanting to do another, I tiptoed around getting Samantha on board. When I say tiptoed, I'm pretty sure I just blurted out, "Please let's do it again!! Will you please train with me??!". I'm not known for being subtle. Sweet Samantha begrudgingly replied with a sigh, "I will do it again FOR you".

So begins the scheming... Who else can I get on board?? This could be a lot of fun! It started with two and now we are a group of four. I'll let the others share in their stories of how they committed.

We don't have anything to prove except that we can do this. We are four running just for kicks!

Nashville or bust!


No comments:

Post a Comment