Thursday, April 18, 2013

100%

I'd like to say the title of this post is inspired by the amount of effort we are putting into our training. Don't get me wrong- we are still training hard and remaining constant encouragers to each other, but still the naming of this post is for an entirely different 100%. We have officially reached 100% for injuries. I hate to say it, but it's true.

Monday during AT workout, not being known for my grace, my foot seemed to find one of the three rocks on the train platform. Dumb rock, even more dumb foot. You see, we work out in the mornings at the train station downtown. We frequently get to run up and down the length of the platform throughout the workout, what fun. Occasionally one of those larger than normal train-track rocks will find its way onto the area we workout. This is what my foot found while running. My foot found it, my ankle didn't like it. Didn't like it so much it just twisted to get away. A few profanities escaped and then I threw the stupid rock out of the way. A burning sensation then followed along with a cankle. Okay, that image link may be an exaggeration, but seriously- it got big... Sigh.

With maintenance of ice packs and rest, I was able to attend Wednesday's AT armed (or ankled) with a brace/ankle sleeve and had minimal pain. So while we may have a few aches and pains- we are pushing through. What's that saying?- Pain is weakness leaving the body- well if that's true, we are getting stronger each day then.

This race is so close to being here a little pain is not going to stop any of us. 15 weeks of training down, 1 more to go. Watch out Nashville. We may be physically wearing down, but our spirits are from it. We will push through. We got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment